At Complete Care Physiotherapy & Osteopathy, we can prescribe foot orthotics to help correct your specific foot and body imbalance. You can help us by discussing any nagging foot, leg, or back problems, and even by simply asking if your feet could be part of the problem. The information provided by TOG GaitScan™ can help assess the need for orthotics, or indicate that orthotic therapy is not required.
As you walk across the pressure plate,thousands of tiny sensors capture the distribution of pressure of your foot over time.
From your step, the computer displays 2D and 3D visual representations of the pressure under your foot. You can see where you have too much or too little pressure.
The information is then summarised in a report that can be printed for you. The report findings will help your physiotherapist evaluate your foot function and determine if the pain you are experiencing is related to faulty foot function.
The information from this report will assist your physiotherapist to determine if you need orthotic therapy.
When it is determined that you will benefit from orthotic therapy your information is then sent securely to The Orthotic Group laboratory. From there, your custom-made orthotics are manufactured specifically for you and your feet.
• You have feet that are sore on a regular basis eg pain under your heel (plantar fasciitis),
• If you have pain in your knees or Achilles tendon (back of your ankle),
• If you spend a good portion of your day standing or walking on hard surfaces,
• You play sport regularly, especially running sports,
• Standing, walking or running gives you joint pain (ankles, knees or hip),
• You have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns, etc),
• One of your legs is shorter than the other,
• You have knock-knees or bow legs,
• Your shoes wear out quickly or unevenly,
• Your feet “toe out” when you walk.
If you’d like to see what your feet say about you, book your FREE GaitScan™ Assessment by clicking HERE
Give us a call on (03) 5769 1731 to book your spot!