Pregnancy is an exciting time, but it can also be a challenging one, with numerous physical and emotional changes taking place. Antenatal physiotherapy can help you navigate these changes and maintain your physical health and well-being throughout your pregnancy.
What can a Women’s Health Physiotherapist do?
Antenatal physiotherapy can help with several physical and emotional changes that occur during pregnancy, including:
- Back pain: Pregnancy can cause increased stress on the lower back and pelvis, leading to back pain. Antenatal physiotherapy can help to relieve back pain by strengthening the core muscles and improving posture.
- Pelvic pain: Pregnancy can also cause pelvic pain, which can be due to the pelvic joints becoming more flexible and unstable. Antenatal physiotherapy can help to relieve pelvic pain by strengthening the pelvic floor muscles and improving posture.
- Pelvic girdle pain: Pregnancy can cause pelvic girdle pain, which is pain in the lower back, hips, and pelvic area. Antenatal physiotherapy can help to relieve pelvic girdle pain by strengthening the core muscles and improving posture.
- Preparation for childbirth: Antenatal physiotherapy can help to prepare you for childbirth by teaching you breathing techniques, pelvic floor muscle exercises, and pelvic girdle pain relief exercises.
- Emotional support: Pregnancy can also be a time of emotional stress and anxiety, and antenatal physiotherapy can provide emotional support and advice to help you cope with these feelings.
How can a Complete Care Women’s Health Physiotherapist help?
Antenatal physiotherapy can play a crucial role in maintaining your physical health and well-being during pregnancy.
Our Women’s Health Physio at Complete Care Physio and Osteo Wallan, Fawkner and Point Cook have a special interest in treating various Women’s and Pelvic Health conditions. Our Physio can help you with a personalized rehabilitation program, including exercises, breathing techniques, and posture correction, to relieve pain, improve posture, and prepare you for childbirth.